Common elevator problems can be dealt with after obtaining the various main instructions from the elevator installation team
that carried out the elevator installation work, environmental pollution that leads to decomposition or change of the properties of the oils used in the lubrication process, and accordingly it is necessary to ensure that the oil levels are analyzed properly regular.
Common elevator problems
Common elevator can occur due to environmental factors or weather conditions that change dramatically during this period, as there are some common problems that can greatly affect elevators,
as these problems and malfunctions include the following:
- The problems of power outages, which can occur due to overloading,
and this problem can be dealt with by itself by restoring the current, while the recurrence of this problem requires the assistance of experts and professionals in elevator maintenance work.
- Worn beams whose presence is detected through periodic investigation of the various parts of the elevator, where work is being done to reinforce these worn beams or they can be completely replaced in case of need.
- Hearing strange sounds while the elevator is moving, as this may indicate severe friction between the elevator mechanical parts, in which case maintenance can be done by lubricating the parts.
The importance of maintenance operations for common elevator problems
Elevator systems are fairly advanced systems, as they contain a group of other parts that need periodic maintenance on a routine basis, as this allows to maintain the security of residents, by ensuring that the machines are lubricated and the wires are intact.
There are a group of factors that affect the parts and components of the elevator, such as: misuse, humidity, and various electrical current problems, as comprehensive and regular inspection of elevators is an important factor in extending the life of elevators.
In the event of a sudden stop of the elevator, it is important to obtain an emergency response to complete the work of the elevator and the passengers stuck in it.
Types of elevator maintenance
There are different types of maintenance that can be taken care of for elevators in order to control,
even in a small way, the common elevator problems, and among these types we mention the following:
Regular maintenance of elevators
The periodic maintenance of the elevator depends on carrying out a periodic inspection of the elevator, without any major malfunctions appearing, and that is through the use of expert staff on a regular basis, as these frequent visits allow many malfunctions to be detected before they occur.
With the possibility of maintaining the efficiency of the elevator,
as periodic contracts for the maintenance of elevators are submitted by skilled authorities.
Emergency maintenance of elevators
Emergency situations that occur such as the sudden stop of the elevator are considered one of the common elevator problems, in addition to hearing a strange sound in the cabin, or the possibility of one of the systems stopping taking off, as in these cases professional maintenance personnel must be sought.
Where this professional maintenance team works to provide an immediate response, in order to provide emergency maintenance services as quickly as possible, where calm must be maintained, in addition to being careful not to try to tamper with the elevators, until the maintenance team members arrive, so that major breakdowns do not occur
Inspection stages used to solve common elevator problems
The process of detecting common elevator problems goes through several stages,
to include elevator parts and components. Among these stages, we mention the following:
stage inside the cabin
At this stage of the inspection inside the cabin, the following is done:
- Examine the interior of the elevator cabin for any damage to the walls, handrails, and ceiling.
- Check the lights and replace all burnt out lights.
- Examine the button board, with the need to verify the operation of the emergency button.
- Operate the elevators in terms of ascents and descents, then verify the accuracy of leveling, deceleration and acceleration.
- Checking the smooth movement of the door, without sliding or bouncing.
- Ensure that the door stopper is working properly.
- Doing a check of several existing electrical systems, with a check of the amplifiers.
stage outside the cabin
At this stage of the inspection outside the cabin, the following is done:
- Examine lights and stations and replace any burnt out lights.
- Detection of the integrity of the floor panel, in addition to the external button panel.
- Fire service inspection and testing.
machine room stage
At this stage of inspection in the machine room, the following is done:
- Ensure that the engine room does not contain materials not related to elevators.
- Test these components for leaks, abnormal vibrations, or wear on parts.
- Examine the electrical components of the machine room, in order
to detect any malfunctions or overheating.
- Lubricate components if needed.
- Existing oil levels must be checked.
- Make the necessary adjustments, or schedule a follow-up service on a regular basis.
Cabin top stage
At this stage of the cabin inspection, the following is done:
- Ensure that the test station and stop switch are working properly.
- Remove debris from the highest part of the vehicle.
- Test visible components, such as guide rails, rollers, and levelers.
- Inspect connections and check cables for corrosion.
- Check the door operator components thoroughly.
- Test the elevator in order to search for evidence of the presence of rodents
and pay attention to safety procedures from vandalism and fire.
The most important signs of common elevator problems
There are a set of signs that indicate the need to communicate with elevator maintenance companies immediately, and among these signs we mention the following:
Significantly frequent breakdowns
If the elevator has been operating for more than fifteen years, the chance of multiple malfunctions is great, and the most common of these malfunctions is the problem of closing the door on its own, or the existence of long waiting times for the elevator.
The elevator stopped in the middle of the settlement
Where the elevator stops at a place higher than the lower floor of this specific floor,
or even it is stopped below the floor, and therefore this problem is considered one of the most serious problems or malfunctions of the widespread elevators, as passengers can be exposed to damage from falling or stumbling in the event of lack of caution at this critical moment, And here maintenance must intervene to solve this problem immediately.
Change speed permanently
It happens that elevators are exposed on a daily basis to the possibility of transferring different weights in the stages of ascent and descent, as this leads to malfunctions and problems such as sudden speed changes, which require maintenance of elevators on a regular basis.
Read more: the types of elevator traction machines
High energy consumption
In the event that the elevator needs more energy than usual so that it can operate normally,
here we must go to saving the elevator energy consumption, and in this case we must also quickly resort to elevator maintenance companies until the company sends an expert team specialized in dealing with Such critical immediate situations.
There has always been a need to take care of common elevator problems periodically and regularly,
in order to preserve lives and residents, as periodic maintenance helps to detect many elevator problems before they occur, and thus we avoid damage and save time, effort and maintenance cost.