What are the elevator machinery purchase criteria? Many people have been annoyed by the lack of elevators in multi-storey buildings, and they can only reach the upper floors through stairs, but now that elevators are common, the situation is more convenient, and moving between different floors is easier.
With the advancement of science, there are more and more types of elevators that suit everyone’s needs, and among them the most used electric elevator.
Elevator machinery purchase criteria
There are some criteria that must be taken into account when purchasing elevator machines, namely:
- The purpose of the elevator and the number of floors it contains must be taken into consideration.
- If the buildings are high, the elevator needs a machine capable of carrying heavy loads and long distances.
- If the elevator is used for residential homes, the elevator machine must be quiet and easy to maintain.
- The architect should take into account the criteria for installing the elevator, the possibility of hanging the sewer from the ceiling of the room (hook), and installing a movable winch to lift or reinstall the machine during maintenance.
- Architects should consider using strong finishes that are easy to clean and maintain, and prevent slipping as workers move around a room where floors and walls are constantly exposed to oil.
- Taking into account permanent and sufficient ventilation of the room or air conditioning to ensure that the room temperature does not rise above 40 degrees Celsius, taking into account the entry of dust and rain.
- It is preferable to provide the riser with a rescue hole in a suitable position above the hoist, or when there are two or more risers in the same hoist.
- A rescue hatch is provided on one side and the hatch has a hinged top cover or hinged door leaf.
General conditions when buying elevator machines
In continuation of the talk about the criteria for purchasing elevator machines, here are the most important conditions:
- When entering the elevator, install high-strength sills at the sill door openings on each floor and tilt them to prevent water leakage into the shaft.
- Well heads for risers shall be equipped with solid doors fixed to roles.
- When closing the door, the gap between the door leafs or between the leaf and the sides of the door frame should not exceed 6 mm.
- The door and its ring shall be made of stainless steel sheets.
- Full glass or plastic doors are not allowed.
- Do not use manual doors to open and close the doors, lest the elevator stop inadvertently.
- In passenger elevators, these doors are either semi-automatic or automatic.
Requirements for installing mechanization in the well
As we have provided the elevator machinery purchase criteria, the machinery supports and working areas in the wells must be equipped with equipment capable of withstanding the loads and forces to which they are subjected.
If the well is partially enclosed outside the building,
adequate protection of the machinery from the environment must be provided.
The net empty height at which the column is allowed to move from one work area to another should not be less than 2 meters.
Safety conditions that must be met when installing the elevator
In the context of our presentation of the criteria for purchasing elevator machines,
the following are the safety and security conditions when installing elevators as follows:
- The elevator car must not move unless all elevator doors are closed.
- Presence of mechanical and electrical devices that prevent doors from being opened while the elevator is operating.
- There is a magic eye that prevents the door from locking when someone enters the elevator car.
- The presence of a pressure-sensitive device that prevents the door from closing when it hits the body without causing any harm to the body.
- The lighting will turn on automatically when the power is off.
- Battery operated buzzer in case of power outage.
- The elevator car is well ventilated.
- It is best to install a walkie-talkie or telephone in the elevator car.
- The presence of thermal sensors makes it possible to stop the lift when the machine overheats.
- Overload alarm.
- The machine capacity adapts to the intended load and elevator shaft height.
- The wire rope conforms to international standards.
- Cab space is suitable for the specified load.
- Apply oil to the rails to prevent rapid wear of the rails.
- The tall buildings make up for the presence of the elements.
- Presence of a protective separator above the elevator.
What are the types of elevator machines?
As we discussed about elevator machinery purchase criteria, elevator machines and motors have different types of variable speed drive systems without control room and the most common types are:
Elevator machines without gears and motors
Gearless motors for elevators operate without a gearbox, so they do not need a machine room,
or what is known as (car room), as they rely on power coils to operate.
Gearless machines are characterized by modern technology operating systems
that do not allow noise or vibration in the elevator and are considered energy-saving operating systems.
Elevator machine gearbox and motor
The motor running in this system is called the elevator gear motor, the elevator gearbox motor needs a helical gearbox in its operation and is located in the machine room or elevator car room.
or elevator car room.
The field of elevators has become a development and expansion,
so the global factories that produce elevators and companies that sell elevators have spread widely, which has led to a boom in manufacturing technology and the emergence of many brands.
What are the types of elevators?
As we discussed the criteria for purchasing elevator machines,
the types of electric elevators can be divided into the following categories:
The most popular type of elevator used by most companies, residential buildings,
and government agencies, is known for its speed and power, and is essential for transporting large numbers of people on a daily basis.
Elevators with a special style, whose dimensions are larger for heavy loads
and designed according to the type of goods they transport,
and this type provides complete safety for the goods and protects them from damage.
These hospital elevators are designed to transport patients and their families,
or to transport medical personnel, equipment and vehicles.
The tourist elevator is distinguished by its beautiful appearance, and travelers can see a large area where the glass elevator is located, and this type is mostly used in shops and hotels.
One of the electric elevators used in hotels and multi-storey residences to transport food quickly
and easily to ensure hot food for customers. This type is usually designed to be small to suit the nature of its work, and many shelves can be added to the elevator.
Tips for choosing the right elevator for you
In the context of presenting elevator machinery purchase criteria,
here are some important guidelines to help you choose the right elevator as follows:
Determine whether the building is residential or commercial
Of course, elevators in residential buildings are much lighter than elevators in commercial buildings.
Similarly, the number of people in a home elevator car is less than that of a shopping mall elevator where families use shopping carts.
All this affects the type of elevator and the type of motor used to move it.
Choose the right elevator for all family members
When choosing a lift, it must be suitable for everyone in the home or facility,
if there is a person in the home who is determined to use a wheelchair;
Of course, the elevator car must be of a certain size and dimensions.
In conclusion, we have talked at length about the most important criteria for purchasing elevator machines, and we have also presented security and safety conditions when installing elevators,
and the different types of elevator machines.