Causes of elevator malfunctions, as recently there have been large and many problems in those elevators, and this is due to poor maintenance work and irregularity well or due to passengers jostling in the elevator in addition to the consequences of overloading and other problems.
There are also many technical problems, and the increase in movement also in buildings
and urbanization, which led to a significant increase in the demand for those elevators,
which are being installed in all modern ways.
This is in addition to working to solve all the problems that are in these elevators, and many subscriptions for this maintenance were made on a monthly basis, and that was for many elevators of all shapes and sizes as well as their types, and we must also work to know the most prominent and important problems
Causes of elevator malfunctions
The elevator is a room, and that room is attached to many ropes that are powered by motors to work on raising it and then lowering it also in the channel or corridor that has been allocated to it,
and then it is the one that is in all parts of the sides.
And then the walls are also dark or transparent, which may be glass, and it is possible to see the outside through them as well, and in many huge and famous buildings also these elevators carry many alarms and centers.
Also, which is considered for remote control and all small computers, and it is through which all its movements and what is in it are recorded, as there are in many of them phones that help in the process of communication between those inside the elevator and all control centers.
It is the one that works on monitoring the elevators and then working to ensure their quality and then the absence of any problems or malfunctions, and after that care is taken for their presence
and then their availability and not being late in all important buildings in addition to all vital places.
Reasons for stopping and breaking down the elevator
There are many reasons for elevator malfunctions and then it stopped,
and they include the following:
- Fuse combustion.
- In addition to the power supply and then frequent interruptions.
- The presence of a salon for the door is improper.
- Playing with all the elevator buttons during the process of its preparation to stand for the process of moving the elevator from the speed that is slow to the fast speed directly and suddenly,
and this is what causes the overload separation.
- In addition to that, there is the plastic cladding that rolls around the cab or breaks it,
and this is what causes the cab to be unbalanced.
- In addition to the presence of a lot of dust that is accumulated on the control, and this is because the machine room is not closed well, especially in the event of this bad weather.
The most common signs that cause elevator malfunctions
Where there are many signs that cause the causes of elevator malfunctions, including the following:
Worn beams problem
And it is possible that the friction of the ropes with each other while carrying the elevator leads to the erosion of these beams, which means that this appears a circle of destruction, because it may lead and cause damage to the vital spare parts of the elevator.
Power failure issue
Which may lead to a large consumption of elevators to a negative impact on the electric current
and those of the causes of elevator malfunctions.
How to deal with stuck elevator
Where there are many, many methods related to the elevator suspension process or related
to the causes of elevator malfunctions, and among those methods are the following:
- Since that cabin must be stopped, and then this is by making this ceiling in the cabin equal to the ground, and then the tiles in the floor, and then the emergency key is used in the process of opening the outer door.
- In addition, the roof of the cabin is stopped, and then work is done to open the emergency hatch to the top, and then start the process of removing all detainees through this hatch to the outside.
- In addition to the case of increasing the speed or cutting one of the ropes, this device, which is the parachute in this elevator, will work very automatically.
- And then he works to stop this ascender in its place completely, and in this case it will be difficult to move the elevator by many of the previous means to the bottom, and work must be done to move it to the top until work is done to stop it on the floor also, the causes of elevator malfunctions.
The most prominent and important causes of elevator malfunctions
Where there are many, many elevator malfunctions, in addition to the elevator failure code,
the causes of elevator malfunctions, and among these malfunctions are the following:
Working on bundles of expendable ropes
As you place those sheaves on those ropes, this in turn causes an increase in the level of corrosion on the elevator shaft, and then this creates a cycle of destruction of the two main components,
where the sheaves can be re-bundled or replaced to prevent the failure of the hoist rope premature.
All power supply process problems
Where these elevators require a large number of energy from all the systems of the facilities of those commercial buildings, so these updates can be affected on the system along with all the operations of the motors or even damage to the elevator system, and those elevators that have any history of malfunctions must also be subject to driver or operating issues to perform a power quality scan.
The most prominent signs that need maintenance intervention
Where there are many, many signs that are among the causes of elevator malfunctions
that require maintenance intervention, and among those signs are the following:
Crashes occur frequently
Whereas, if your elevator has been missing for more than 15 years,
it is subject to the occurrence of these malfunctions continuously,
and among the most famous of these malfunctions is the problem related to closing the door,
in addition to the long waiting times for passengers.
Stop in the middle of settlement
As in this problem, the elevator stops at a distance higher than the floor of the floor
or can be below it, and of course this will be considered one of the most serious elevator malfunctions,
as it is possible for passengers to stumble when they are not careful,
and in that case you may need immediate maintenance intervention.
Elevators are exposed daily to transfer different weights up and down, so it is likely that a sudden change in speed will occur, for example, to notice a slow speed or an increase in speed, so you must notice whether the speed of the elevator changes before it reaches the ground or does it not change,
and then I get the examination For maintenance to fix this defect causes of elevator malfunctions.
At the end of the article, we talked about the causes of elevator malfunctions,
as well as the most prominent signs of a necessary maintenance intervention.