If you are the owner of a property, company, or building that has an elevator, it is important to familiarize yourself with the elevator repair cost guide, as the elevator repair process is one of the most important operations that must be taken care of in order to maintain the safety of passengers, and prevent the elevator from working for long periods.
Elevators are among the modern innovations that have been used in high-rise buildings to help people move between the floors of these buildings in an easy and comfortable way. Every day, some tools for elevators are invented and developed, in order to add more luxury and safety to individuals who deal with elevators on a daily basis.
Elevator repair cost guide
It is important to know that the elevator repair cost guide varies according to many factors, as the prices of spare parts and parts used in elevators differ as a result of being affected by several factors that we will learn about.
Factors affecting elevator spare parts prices
There are many factors that affect the prices of spare parts for elevators, which you should know if you want to repair your elevator, namely:
The type of elevator is one of the main factors that greatly affect the cost of elevator spare parts. For example, the prices of spare parts for traditional passenger elevators differ from panoramic elevators or electric elevators, and each of these types requires different specifications and technologies in spare parts, and as a result The price of spare parts for each elevator is affected by the type of elevator.
Payload and capacity
The elevator load is one of the main things that affect the cost of elevator repair, so if you want to get acquainted with the elevator repair cost guide, you must bear in mind that the larger the area of the elevator and the greater its load of people or goods, the cost of the elevator increases, and it comes This increase is due to the components used in the manufacture of the elevator and their size.
Specifications and additional features
One of the factors affecting the elevator repair cost guide is the special additions that you want to add to your elevator, whether they are design additions or the use of high-quality tools, in addition to the desire to add some modern and advanced technologies, and to improve the aesthetic appearance of the elevator or Elevator security systems development need to pay extra cost.
Spare parts manufacturers
The prices of spare parts for elevators vary according to the manufacturer, as the price varies according to the name and history of the company in addition to the materials used in the manufacture of spare parts. The more the company has a good reputation and a big name, the higher the cost of the tools needed to maintain and repair elevators.
One of the most important factors influencing the cost of elevator repair is the size of your project. If the project is large and requires a large number of elevators, companies make good discounts on installing and maintaining these elevators.
Maintenance and post-installation service
There are many companies that offer an agreement to carry out periodic and comprehensive maintenance of the elevator in the event that the elevator suffers any malfunction, and this is one of the important things that you must know when talking about the elevator repair cost guide.
What does elevator maintenance include?
When talking about the elevator repair cost guide,
it is important to know the work involved in elevator maintenance, as follows:
- Repair or modify automatic doors for faster opening.
- Adjust the cable used to determine the elevator speed.
- Ensure the integrity of the cables and constantly check and tighten them.
- Comprehensive maintenance of the cabin and its lighting.
- Ensure the integrity of the call buttons and indicator lights.
- Work on adjusting the level of the cabin on each floor.
- See the elevator’s fault log for previous repairs.
- Ensure the insulation resistance of the elevator power circuits.
- Check thermal protection and make sure it is working properly.
- See the fuses in the elevator dashboards and control panels.
- Engine room inspection.
Most of the problems that cause elevator breakdowns are in the absence of maintenance
Elevators are one of the things that are used daily and many times, and it is a machine that consists of parts and tools that have a specified life span by the manufacturer, and with the continuous use of these tools, they wear out, causing mechanical and technical failures that affect the performance of the elevator, and therefore it must be determined Elevator maintenance schedules according to the life span of the elevator parts.
Regular maintenance of elevators
The elevator repair cost guide must be followed up-to-date in order to carry out continuous maintenance of the elevator:
- Examination of the passenger protection system at the entrance to the elevator.
- Ensure that the elevator security system is complete.
- Ensure that there is no water leakage, in addition to ensuring that the pit crane is clean.
- Examination of strange or abnormal sounds that may exist during the operation of the elevator.
Weekly elevator maintenance
It is important to do elevator maintenance every week, and this maintenance includes the following:
- Ensure that the elevator buttons and indicator light are working, in addition to checking that the elevator door is operating.
- Ensure the functioning of the on and off switches, the operation of safety devices,
and ensure that the elevator doors operate properly.
- Ensure that there are no strange or abnormal sounds, or any kind of vibration in the elevator.
- Engine room air conditioning check.
- Ensure the quality of the grease in the engine.
Monthly elevator maintenance
It is important to ensure the following things each month:
- Carrying out the cleaning of the motor controlling the elevator door.
- Organizing and lubricating the mechanical doors of the hall.
- Do the main rope bundles cleaning.
How to avoid elevator malfunctions
There are some instructions and instructions that all elevator users should know,
in order to maintain their safety and avoid elevator risks, as follows:
- It is important that you do not use the elevator in the event of a fire or emergency,
in order to avoid being trapped inside the elevator cabin.
- It is important not to ride more people than allowed in order to avoid overloading the elevator, which leads to elevator breakdowns.
- The elevator should not be used by children under the age of 14 without an accompanying person in order to maintain their safety.
- You must view the elevator’s instruction board, in order to know its instructions
and implement them for the sake of safety and security.
After getting acquainted with the guide to the cost of repairing the elevator, it is important for you, if you are a real estate owner or a company that contains an elevator, to carry out periodic maintenance for the elevator, and to monitor the condition of the elevator continuously, in order to preserve the safety of passengers, and not to cause major breakdowns that cause the expenditure of a lot of money to fix it.