Types of elevator wires are one of the important factors that must be considered when designing and installing elevators on which your life depends, as they greatly affect the safety of users and the quality of the elevator in general. Payload, altitude and speed.
Incoming elevators may be affected by factors such as corrosion, damage, exposure to high temperatures, and excessive friction. Therefore, any elevator installation company must pay special attention to choosing the types of elevator wires that suit the planned load, height, and speed requirements.
Incoming elevators are an indispensable part of the elevator system,
and this must be taken into account when purchasing or installing any elevator.
Types of elevator wires
Types of elevator wires are considered an essential part of the life cycle of the elevator,
as they provide important functions and responsibilities such as moving the cart and achieving balance. The life of the wire varies according to its diameter and quality, in addition to the precautionary measures used in its maintenance, including:
- Solid wire is a common type of wire used in elevators, as it is strong and resistant to abrasion.
- However, solid elevator wires should be replaced after 5 to 20 years,
depending on the extent of wear or scratching.
- We must take care of wire maintenance on a regular basis, use it in the right way,
and make sure that it is not exposed to vibration or accidents,
in order to increase its lifespan and improve its performance.
- We have to invest in buying strong
and high quality wires instead of low quality wires that may not last for long.
- Calculate the expected average life of spare parts for the elevator system. It is considered one of the important points for anyone who owns or operates an elevator. This period depends on several factors, including the quality of components and the frequency of maintenance operations. The life span of the main components of the elevator system usually varies.
Types of solid elevator wires
Choosing the right type of cable is vital to ensure the safety of the elevator
and its continuity of work properly. Steel cable types are characterized by durability, flexibility and resistance to corrosion, which makes them the ideal choice for use in pulling elevators and elevators.
The types of cables come with a difference in the thickness and number of wires,
as there is a cable that contains six wires and a cable that includes eight wires,
and it should be noted that the flexibility of the cable usually increases with the passage of time, so we must pay attention to the period that has passed since the installation of the elevator cable.
In order to avoid any potential problems in the future,
these reliable types of wires are widely used in the elevator industry in Egypt,
and are distinguished by providing a high level of safety and endurance to customers at reasonable prices.
Types of elevator traction ropes
Traction or pulling is very necessary in people’s lives, as it is used in elevators.
There are many types of elevator wires, which differ in their sizes and characteristics,
and among the best available options, Korean solid pulling ropes with a diameter of 12 mm at the top.
The types of elevator wires that are considered the best are characterized by their high reliability
and original strength. It is worth noting that choosing the appropriate traction ropes is crucial to ensuring the safety of the elevator and the sustainability of its performance.
Therefore, it is advisable to adopt reliable sources and high-quality products to obtain the ideal traction rope that meets your needs and takes responsibility for people’s lives. .
The best types of elevator wires
The wires that are used in elevators are one of the main elements that affect the quality of elevators. Therefore, choosing the best types of wires for elevators is very important. Among the available types, steel wire is the most widespread and the best in industrial and commercial uses.
In addition, Teflon wire is an ideal choice for high-quality elevators that need light and flexible wires. In general, attention must be paid to the quality of the wires, their thickness, and their ability to withstand heat and stability, so that the wires can withstand the conditions of daily use and last for a long time. Therefore, you must make sure to choose wires High quality wires for a safe and high performance elevator system.
Solid wire prices for elevators
The steel wire used in elevators is one of the important factors for adjusting the performance of the elevator and ensuring its safety. Prices vary according to the diameter of the wire and the country of manufacture. You can get the price of a meter of elevator wire of high quality and reasonable prices in Egypt.
Elevator chain manufacturers offer the best prices for different types of chains.
Therefore, individuals are advised to search for suitable chain types and compare prices before purchasing. In general, buying from reliable sources allows saving time and money in the short and long term.
On the other hand, to provide a comfortable and safe operation for passengers,
passenger elevators need a thick rope with a thickness of up to 11 mm, depending on the load and the number of ropes used for support. These ropes are attached to the trolley stand and fixed in the engine room.
When it is stretched across the motor circuit and then lowered into the borehole to connect to the load using a tensioner, the length of the rope is calculated based on the load and the position and balance of the trolley.
Characteristics of elevator steel wires
Steel wires are the excellent types of strands, as they provide high stiffness
and effective ability to withstand high loads, as well as:
- These strings also have high resilience and exceptional pressure-loading capacity,
making them an ideal choice for use in large and high-rise lifts.
- In addition, it has strong corrosion and rust resistance,
which means it can withstand the harsh conditions of the environment.
There are a wide variety of different types of steel threads available on the market.
- It includes Italian, Turkish and Chinese threads, in order to give users the possibility to choose products suitable for their needs, and to ensure the safety of elevator users.
- These wires are installed very carefully and maintained regularly, which allows them to operate at high efficiency for a long period of time.
The importance of solid elevator wire types
Elevator traction ropes are considered one of the important basic parts needed by the elevator movement, and their appearance is greatly affected by the strength and safety of the elevator,
especially after exposure to repeated vibrations and scratches. Different types of elevator traction ropes are available, including:
- The Korean rope with a diameter of 12 millimeters has high toughness
and is resistant to abrasion and external influences.
- The types mentioned above also include braided wires and nylon ropes, and these types differ in their hardness, thickness, and ability to bear weights. The appropriate type of rope for the elevator is chosen based on the extent of its use and its required needs.
- In addition, the thickness of the rope is determined based on the weight of the elevator and its distribution on the tractor, so suitable types of elevator traction ropes must be used to ensure the safety and protection of elevators and provide comfortable use for the user.
- These ropes are composed of braided steel hair strands, and they contain a variety of strands
and thicknesses to determine their strength. For light elevators such as those used in homes, medical facilities, or offices, it is sufficient to use a rope with a thickness of 6 to 8 mm.
At the end of the text, we presented to you the most prominent types of elevator wires offered by Sumou Company, their main features, differences between them, and their specifications.