There are several standards for Elevator wire rope specification that must be followed step by step, as the elevator wire rope is the rope that is used in elevators.
Since elevators are widely used in all residential units due to the development of the shape of the buildings and the increase in the number of floors in the buildings, one building can reach 20 floors or more.
This requires high-quality elevators, and their ropes have special standards to ensure the quality of safety for people using elevators. In order to learn about these standards, you must follow our article, which includes a number of details and information on this topic.
Elevator wire rope specification standards
There are several standards related to the specifications of the elevator wire rope, and these standards are as follows:
- Double-steel elevator rope is an oxygen-free wire.
- There is a power line with a double protection factor, with wires that are made of copper, and this material is completely free of oxygen and is suitable for the elevator line.
- It is known that the elevator line is connected to the power cord, which is very suitable for wires, in addition to saving space as well.
- It is not necessary to work on rearranging the power cable, as the elevator cable and also the power cable are used in the wires for one time, and this matter may greatly help reduce the cost and value of constructing the wires.
Technical specifications for electric elevators
There are several technical specifications for electric elevators, and these specifications are as follows:
It is the one whose walls are made of sheet coated with stainless steel material alone, or stainless steel with wood, or completely made of wood.
The ceiling of the elevator is one of the important specifications besides the elevator wire rope specifications standards, as it includes a double drop with lighting and also a fan for ventilation.
The elevator floor is among the specifications for elevators,
along with the standards for elevator wire rope specifications,
where the elevator floor is made of marble, granite, or even sheet metal in goods elevators.
The elevator door is considered within one of the specifications for elevators,
along with the standards for elevator wire rope specifications.
The elevator door is automatic, semi-automatic, or it can be manual,
made of sheet metal that is coated with stainless steel,
in addition to that the elevator door works mechanically.
The control in the elevators is within the specifications of the elevator, along with the standards for the specifications of the elevator wire rope, and the control is the one that controls the elevator, and there is a screen showing the state in which the elevator is continuously, and a warning message is sent in the event of any malfunction in the system and a means for emergency situations as well .
Help Request Dashboard
The board of requests for assistance in elevators is considered within one of the specifications of elevators, along with the standards for specifications of the elevator wire rope.
The board of requests for assistance consists of the following:
- Operation buttons, as well as the door lock and unlock button.
- There is also an emergency stop button, and luminous arrows.
- It has luminous arrows to indicate the direction of the elevators.
- There is also a digital indicator that determines the location of the lift (cabin).
External signage board
The external signs board contains one of the elevator specifications,
along with the standards for the elevator wire rope specifications,
and these external signs include the following:
- Digital role indicator.
- It has an elevator call button.
- There are also luminous arrows to show the upward direction.
The external doors are among the specifications of the elevators, in addition to the standards for the specifications of the elevator wire rope, where the elevator can be automatic or even semi-automatic, or even manual made of greased sheet metal or sheet coated with stainless steel, and the ascent door works mechanically.
The electrical connections are among the specifications of the elevators,
in addition to the standards for the specifications of the elevator wire rope, as they include the external and internal connections of the elevator, and work must be done to insulate well.
Elevator safety devices
Elevator safety devices are among the specifications of elevators, in addition to the standards for elevator wire rope specifications, and they are designed according to the latest international specifications.
Conditions for installing elevators
There are several conditions for installing elevators
and standards for elevator wire rope specifications. These conditions are as follows:
- All preparatory work, including the machine room, and the policies
that are important in making beams for loading the concrete machine in the machine room.
- Work is being done to prepare the machine room according to the required safety specifications, with adequate lighting and ventilation, protected against fire, with a suitable floor, and work to isolate the ceiling of the elevator room against water leakage.
- This room must have a suitable entrance that must be tightly closed, with some equipment being made in the ceiling of the room.
- In order to work on raising the mattresses with the work of a door and window for ventilation in order to avoid a rise in temperature in the elevator, the temperature can reach 40 degrees Celsius.
- Work must be done to prepare the well hole in which the elevator is installed,
with a depth that contains all the required dimensions, at a rate of not less than 90 cm
- Until the elevator is installed on a fixed floor and the best cameras are made,
as well as the concrete bases necessary for the elevator to be installed,
with work on lighting it and also isolating it, in case it is necessary.
Causes of elevator accidents
There are reasons that must be known to avoid any occurrence of frequent elevators,
and these reasons are as follows:
- Alignment of the internal part of the elevator and the external part,
and this matter is very possible to cause minor accidents.
- Lack of periodic maintenance of elevators and making sure that everything is in order.
- Or maintenance work for the elevator, but from a person who is not an expert in elevators,
and therefore it is incorrect.
- Suspension of the elevator and its excessive speed, along with the falling columns as well.
- Pressing all the buttons in the elevator cabin.
- Jumping into the elevator by children causes ropes to wear out over the long haul.
- Putting very heavy weights in the elevator, this matter causes many risks that can cause the elevator cabin to fall suddenly, causing severe injuries to people,
so you must be careful to reduce the widespread accidents of elevators.
At the end of our article, we have learned about many details and information about the standards for elevator wire rope specifications and the reasons that are common in elevator accidents, in addition to the conditions for installing elevators that must be implemented accurately in order for the elevator to operate properly.