Semi-automatic elevator door The technology of elevators has changed a lot from the past period, which results in many types of elevators and different models, which allow all budgets to have their own elevator.
This type of elevator is useful in meeting the needs of a different consumer, and it also has many advantages besides its own cost, and each type differs from the other in several different things that distinguish you from one type and each type has a specific use for it.
Through this article, we will learn about the most important points that distinguish between these types and learn all the details about this type. If you are interested in the field of elevators, you can follow this article until the end and you will get what you are looking for.
Semi-automatic elevator door
It is a technically functional elevator with the full need for manual use. As for the automatic, it is used in the commercial markets, which means that it works completely automatically. It also depends on the automatic opening and closing technology without the use of hands.
The difference between automatic and semi-automatic elevators
It is considered the first elevator in history. The elevator was completely manual and was specially made for lifting heavy goods materials. The elevator was developed in the way of operation and became powered by water vapor defense. Then, it developed to operate with hydraulic and traction operating systems, and the electric elevator became the feature of the new era.
With these developments, technology enters the development of the elevator body, and the operation requires human hands, and the elevator has become fully automatic, and it means that the doors of the elevator operate completely automatically without using the hand, or the elevator doors that need to be pulled and closed when in use.
Features of automatic and semi-automatic doors
For each of the elevators, there is a time autocad that operates with an electric motor and is connected to a computer for the elevator, and the motor moves the wheel that connects to a metal arm, and this arm connects to another arm of the elevator door, then the motor starts moving the wheel until the metal arm moves, then this arm pulls another arm that connects to the door the elevator.
The computer also works to give the command to the engine by opening and closing the doors automatically and when using passengers smoothly, and the automatic elevator door can also contain a sensor system that makes a door open as soon as a person approaches it or refrains from closing in the case of a person standing next to it.
Features of the automatic elevator
- Prevent any serious injuries and accidents related to opening and closing the door.
- Facilitate the use of the elevator.
- Save a lot of effort and time.
- Also, providing more luxury for passengers, especially if the building is commercial or recreational, including shopping centers and other places.
The most disadvantage of this type is that it needs more energy to operate against the semi-automatic elevator door.
The semi-automatic elevator door needs to be used manually, and it does not need energy and technology to open and close, and these types are common in residential buildings.
Semi-automatic elevator features
- The elevator door is semi-automatic at an affordable price.
- It is environmentally friendly and does not require energy to use, unlike the automatic elevator door.
Disadvantages of the semi-automatic elevator door
- It increases the incidence of injuries when using it due to its weight and the hand is fully involved in opening and closing.
- The elevator door malfunctions and opens when there is no cabin on the floor, which causes serious accidents.
- It is not easy to use and requires a lot of effort.
Semi-automatic elevator door components
The semi-automatic door requires the presence of the human element in the operating system, which consists of:
- Door frame and is provided with points from the edge of the door installation.
- Door leaf is installed through hinges.
- Door handle made of steel.
- Door lock sensor automatically and safety.
- glass window.
- Hydromechanical device that reduces the speed of the door when closing.
Places to fit semi-automatic elevator door
There are several places that are suitable for the semi-automatic elevator door, and most of the places are residential buildings, commercial places, and industrial centers, and it is equipped with a special gear and stopper to prevent the movement of the door while moving the elevator cabin, and it uses the mechanism of automatic closing and manual opening.
The elevator door is semi-automatic
It is often used in investment and residential buildings. also It is characterized by ease of maintenance and installation. It opens and closes automatically. The semi-automatic elevator door is produced as a single or double leaf at the request of the customer.
And it is according to the structure of the elevators, and it is preferable to use double-wing doors in the elevator, freight elevators, or hospital elevators, which technological developments in recent years have led to an increase in the use of semi-automatic doors instead of the manual door.
And when the elevator cabin reaches the ground, passengers can open the door or open the door automatically, which are called semi-automatic doors because of the locking system in the middle.
There are glass frames so that the elevator coming to the ground can be seen.
Semi-automatic elevator door technical characteristics
It has some of its own characteristics that distinguish it from other species,
and the most important of these characteristics are:
- Electrostatic powder coating using automated techniques.
- Door wings made of 1.2 mm DKP sheet and frames made of 1.5 mm DKP sheet.
- High resistance and easy to install.
- Easy opening and closing with special hinges.
- Production with different inlet sizes ranging from 600 to 3000 mm.
- An automatic door that complies with international standards in the door industry and is ½-81 wide or ASME A17.1-2000 or UL 10B and is more widespread and meets all needs and requirements.
- 220 volt electric current extension.
- Mechanical or WVF types options.
- The closing and opening signals can be one or two signals.
- The signal input voltage is 12V or 230V.
- Nominal speed of the motor can be equivalent to 900 revolutions per minute.
- Also, the maximum opening speed is up to 1.00mm/sec.
- The maximum closing speed is 0.60 mm/sec.
How to install semi-automatic elevator door
The installation methods for elevator doors vary by fabricating the type,
and there are some conditions that must be observed before starting the installation of doors, namely:
- Choose the opening side of the elevator door in the event that it is a semi-automatic door, specifying if it is preferred, and it will be placed left and right according to the space left for the door to open.
- It is required to leave a suitable space for opening the door, usually 70 cm,
and sometimes more than 80 and up to 100 cm, depending on the elevator.
Important precautions when installing elevator doors
There are some important precautions that must be taken into account when installing elevator doors,
and the most important of these precautions are:
- Maintain the appropriate distance between the door
- and the elevator cabin to prevent friction between them.
- Bearing in mind that the door is vertically and horizontally balanced.
- Leave a distance of up to 3 cm between the ground level and the elevator door in order to prevent friction between the floor and the door while facilitating movement, in addition to installing a door sill to prevent water leakage during elevator washing with damage to its components.
In the end, the semi-automatic elevator door is one of the old doors, which are found especially in residential buildings, and there are some of them in commercial establishments.