You must know the Emergency procedures for a fire elevator, as fire elevators play an important role in fighting fires. When a fire occurs in a high-rise building, firefighters reach the fire by climbing with the fire elevator, in order to save some time to reach the fire layer, and reduce the effort.
The physical role that firefighters perform in extinguishing fires, so that they can deliver firefighting equipment and machines to the fire site in a timely manner, and has a role in fighting fires when entering a fire situation inside the building, and in order for you to be able to say that this elevator is a fire elevator, the elevator must include Several basic characteristics in his appearance, and this is what we learn about through the paragraphs of the article.
Emergency procedures for a fire elevator
In order to know the emergency procedures for a fire elevator,
you must know several elements related to the fire elevator,
its installation and uses, and emergency procedures for all fire elevators, and among these elements are the following.
Fire elevator installation scope
The first element of your knowledge of emergency procedures for a fire elevator is determining the scope of installing a fire elevator,
or what is called the building design code for fire, or the fire code for designing high-rise civil buildings.
In order to be able to determine the scope of installing a fire elevator, the following five conditions must be met for a fire elevator:
- To be a high-level civil public building.
- A ten-storey, ten-storey tower.
- The houses and corridors are uniform, consisting of 12 and 12 floors.
- Fire lift is also available in other Grade II public buildings with a height of more than 32 metres.
- It is found in high-rise buildings and warehouses with elevators,
and the height of the building exceeds 32 meters.
- The building engineering designers have designed the fire elevator according to the mentioned conditions, and if some engineering designers do not design the fire elevator according to those specifications,
the auditors of the Public Security Fire Supervision Authority will also meet those specifications, in order for the fire elevator to be installed.
How to identify an elevator during a fire
In order to complete your knowledge of the emergency procedures for a fire elevator, you must know how to determine which fire elevator is among the rest of the elevators, as high-rise buildings contain many elevators,
and the fire elevator is mainly used to transport passengers and as goods elevators, including the following:
- The fire elevator has a waiting room, and the area of the front room of the independent fire elevator also includes the area of the front room of the residential building, which is more than 4.5 m\m,
and the area of the front room of the public building and the high-rise factory building is more than 6 square meters.
- The front room of the fire elevator shall be equipped with a Class B fire door, or a fire shutter with slack function.
- It has a special fire telephone in the elevator car.
- There is an operating button designate for firefighters located on the elevator door on the first floor.
- The operating buttons are generally protected by a piece of glass and are marked with a red sign that says, “Fire only.”
- When there is a cut in the normal electrical current, the lighting in the non-fire elevator does not turn on, and the fire elevator continues to have lighting.
- The fire hydrant is connected to an internal fire hydrant in the front room of the fire elevator.
Fire elevator function
You must be familiar with the function of the fire elevator to know the emergency procedures for the fire elevator.
When designing a high-rise building in accordance with national regulations,
the design of the fire elevator contains a fire elevator and passengers or goods,
which is used when a fire occurs in the building, through Fire Control Center In the case of instructions or operating buttons for first-level firefighters,
in order to control when entering a fire situation, you must do the following:
- If the elevator is in an upward direction, immediately stop at the nearest floor and do not open the door, then return to the first floor station and open the elevator door automatically.
- If the elevator is on the negative side, close the door immediately and return to the first floor station, and the elevator door will open automatically.
- If the elevator is already stoppe on the first floor, open the elevator door immediately to enter firefighter-only mode.
- Check the call button on each floor, and delete the call.
- Restore the function of the vehicle’s command button so firefighters can operate.
- The door close button does not have a self-holding function.
How to use a fire elevator
There are several steps that enable us to use a fire elevator in order to know about the emergency procedures for a fire elevator, including the following:
- After the firefighters reach the front room of the fire elevator on the first floor, they must first use a hand axe, or any other hard object to be carrie, to break the glass piece that protects the elevator button, and then press the fire elevator button.
- The shapes of the buttons may not be the same in all elevators,
due to different manufacturers, so when operating.
- You can press one of the buttons that has a red dot on the edges,
and press the red button called “On” to enter the fire state.
- If the elevator is running when the elevator enters a fire situation,
the elevator will automatically descend to the first floor station, and the door will automatically open. If the elevator had already stopped on the first floor,
it would open automatically.
- After the firefighters enter the elevator car, press the door close button until the elevator door closes. In some cases, just pressing the close button may not be enough. Then press the button on the door at the same time you press the door button. , and also press the button on the floor you want to reach in order for the elevator to start closing.
Read More: What to do if you are in a stuck elevator
Emergency measures and procedures for emergency fire elevator
You may ask yourself: What are the emergency procedures for a fire elevator,
and what should firefighters do in the elevator car once the elevator stops working? To answer this question, we will present a rescue method:
Rescue method for external employees
Firefighters should immediately use the following two procedures to rescue personnel in an elevator when the elevator indicator light goes out during a power outage:
- Send the passengers to the fire elevator room on the roof,
and manually lower the car in the elevator shaft to the first floor station.
- After you enter the elevator machine room, quickly find the yellow tool, placed near the hoist, and then remove the protective cover on the side of the hoist machine.
- After removing the cover, use a hook-shaped tool to insert it into the small hole on the underside of the cover, and then press the connecting rod at the highest position, to lower the car to the first floor.
- Inserting the tool into the pivot with the lever,
then one individual uses a hook-shaped tool to press on the link and another individual rotates clockwise.
- Then the car will go down the elevator shaft to reach the first floor.
- Send people to hit the elevator door by layer,
then mark the parking position of the elevator car, then break the keyhole on the elevator shaft door with an axe, then insert a flat screwdriver and press down, the door will then open automatically, then open the door on the car.
- He moved to pull the car door open to rescue the people in the elevator.
Thus, we learned about the emergency procedures for the fire elevator,
and how to act when a fire occurs in the building to save the people inside it quickly and with less effort. This is what distinguishes the fire elevators that must be available in buildings.